Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Great Article: Where's the Righteous Fury?

The older I get the more fun it is to partake in self-righteous fits of disgust. I wish I had written this piece... maybe I'm just on the rag tonight but I get scornful of the sugar-coated pap that passes for social commentary in music anymore. It comes from Grant Alden's page on the No Depression website.

"...No matter your politics, there's plenty to be pissed off about right now. So where are the songs to fit that mood? And why is the music I'm hearing so placid? ...Are we faced with a curious case of survivor's blindness? ...Have we been taught so much compromise that we now comfortably settle -- even in our art -- for voicing only the most placid, most presentable, most likely to be placed on a network TV show credits soundbed lyrics?..."

LINK: Where has all the righteous fury gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment