Monday, September 6, 2010

Loretta Lynn tribute album due this fall

A Loretta Lynn tribute album, called "Coal Miner's Daughter," is schuled for release in early November. Among those taking part are Alan Jackson, Sheryl Crow, Carrie Underwood, Kid Rock, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Paramore, Reba McEntire, Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, Gretchen Wilson, Allison Moorer, and Lee Ann Womack, along with Jack White, who produced Lynn's Grammy-winning 2005 album "Van Lear Rose."

Lynn says in a statement that she's happy that her fellow musicians wanted to cover her music. The tribute project is timed for release in November, and will mark 50 years since Lynn dropped her debut single, "I'm A Honky Tonk Girl."

By the way, if you've never heard the story behind how Jack White came to record with and produce Loretta, it's a great one. Click the link below.

"...I am so happy that these singers wanted to do this record...I love ‘em all, and it was so great to hear all the different ways they did my hits...I hope people like it as much as I do
..."

LINK: Lorettta Lynn Tribute Album

LINK: When Loretta Met Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment